1 Northern Plunder: I aim to misbehave.: Where has 2017 gone?

Friday, 30 June 2017

Where has 2017 gone?

How is it already almost July? I have no idea.

But this half of the year has been super good, I've for the most part kept up with blogging and my book club is definitely on track and super lovely. I love my members they're so sweet.

I've also had a lot of little adventures with my boyfriend which is great as always. So basically this year has been fab so far.

Books Read

I beat my goal!

Okay so the whole point of me setting my goal at 30 was cause I knew it was achievable and I always aimed to read more. I just hate seeing that I'm behind on books cause it makes me want to read less. So this was just a way to avoid that and keep me motivated for once and it has worked like a charm.

I have read some super short books as you can see but I do highly recommend checking out Ice Massacre, Through the Woods, Saga, and The Bone Witch as these have probably been my favourite reads.

Currently Reading
So I currently have a bookmark in a stupid amount of books so I'm just going to focus on the ones that I'm actively reading and have picked up lately.

Lips Touch by Laini Taylor I'm so close to finishing and really recommend checking out if you get the time. Its 3 stories about kisses and how they can be fatal. Honestly each one gets better and better.

Queen of Extinction I'm currently reading an eCopy I got for review and I'm finding it interesting though also a little confusing but maybe it'll clear up once I read more.

Monstress is super great. I love the art style and the story but its my "read before bed" book and I keep going too late so I'm not progressing quickly oops.

And lastly the eBook I was reading before QoE landed in my inbox was The Seafarer's Kiss but as QoE has a deadline date it's on hold for a little bit. I haven't read lots of this but so far I'm liking it.

Reviews
Graphic Novel: Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (5 stars)
Graphic Novel: Snotgirl, Vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley (5 stars)
ARC: Juniper Lemon's Happiness Index by Julie Israel (4 stars)
Review Copy: Alien Busters: Alien Hunting by Safa Shaqsy (3 stars)
Video Game: Montaro
ARC + Tour: Dream Magic by Joshua Khan (4 stars)
Review Copy: Clutch by Lisa Becker (3.5 stars)
Tour: Harper and the Night Forest by Cerrie Burnell (4 stars)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa (2 stars)
Video Game: Radiator 2
Review Copy: We Awaken by Calista Lynne (5 stars)
Unwind by Neal Shusterman (5 stars)
Graphic Novel: I.D. by Emma Rios (3.5 stars)
Video Game: Girls Like Robots
The Mills and Boon Girl's Guide to: Happy Hour by Ada Adverse (3 stars)
Arc + Tour: Burned and Broken by Mark Hardie (3 stars)
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (4 stars)
Video Game: Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior
Graphic Novel: Low, Vol 1 by Rick Remender (4 stars)

Other Posts
My only non-review and non-wrap up posts I've done so far were my goals for this year, the post that  advertises and explains my Book Club which you can all join (please stop by and say hi), and the creative post I did on My Dream Crate from Loot Crate.

Goals
I've completed my reading goal as mentioned at the start of this post. I'm going to keep going, maybe my new unofficial goal is 60? So double what I've already read.

I've read 3 books from my "aim to read this year pile" and I have a bookmark in Moomin cause I somewhat started that last month too:

No further progress on the whole I'd like to finish off some series that I started last year:
- Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
- Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman
- Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
But only one book left on the I'd like to finish off books I started last year list:
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Darkest Mercy by Melssa Marr
- Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
I wanted to participate in at least 2 read-a-longs that I host this year with my book club and I've done this goal too! I joined in with March: Ice Massacre (+ Ice Crypt), April: The Princess Diarist, and May: The Bone Witch. Hooray.

I'm still keeping on top of review copies. All of 2016 is dealt with and I'm on track with this years review copies too. I'm so much less stressed out now I'm not taking on loads.

As for the other goals I mentioned in my 2017 Goals post, I'm doing mostly okay with them. I can still aim to be healthier and use the exercise bike more, my TBR books need work as always but I have made a pile to sell so that has helped, and my book club is going great.

How have you goals been going this year? Have you manage to achieve any of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.