Wednesday 1 March 2017

January & February Wrap Up

I can't believe the first two months of this year have already passed.

Luckily though I am on track with blogging and my reading goal so its been a good start to the year even with all the shit that has been going on around the world.

Outside of the blog I've also celebrated my two year anniversary with my boyfriend, kept my book club organised, and started planning my trip to YALC (actually just before I finished this post I purchased my tickets and booked the hotel).

Books Read

The Mills & Boon Modern Girl's Guide to: Happy Hour: How to have Fun in Dry January (Mills & Boon A-Zs, Book 2) I.D. Burned and Broken Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) Juniper Lemon's Happiness Index Clutch: A Novel Ice Massacre (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #1)
I.D. was definitely an expereince and even though it wasn't the best graphic novel out there I am happy I bought something so different and pretty art. Can you believe I have finally finished the Wicked Lovely series? I can't either but I did and this was a lovely wrap up to the series even if it does have some faults with it. Juniper Lemon's Happiness Index was a nice refreshing read that deals with death. Ice Massacre has been my favourite read yet this year and I loved everything about it.

Currently Reading

The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) Caraval (Caraval, #1) Flowers of Evil, Volume 1
I'm currently reading The Sweet Far Thing (also dubbed as The Sweet Farting) with Allie for a buddy read cause its her fave series but she is in a reading slump at the moment so I'm making slow progress with her in mind. I read the first two chapters of Six of Crows to my boyfriend over the phone to help him sleep but since then I've just been lazy with it - I promise I'll do better. Caraval I picked up after meeting Stephanie Garber at her book signing (was supposed to read before but Ice Massacre happened) - can I just say she is the absolute sweetest AND I met two very lovely girls there (Amy + Lily). & I recently picked up The Flowers of Evil whilst I buddy watch it with Aryell. Its very creepy and weird.

Reviews

Look at how successful I've been this year at posting weekly. Here are the reviews I've posted this year:

Low (4 stars)
Video Game: Viscera Clean Up Detail: Shadow Warrior
Rebel of the Sands (4 stars)
Burned and Broken (3 stars)
Mills and Books Modern Girl's Guide to Happy Hour (3 stars)
Video Game: Girls Like Robots
I.D. (3.5 stars)
Unwind (5 stars)

Other Posts

I've also focused to have 1 extra post a month on something different. In January I wrote about goals for this year and this month I advertised and explained my Book Club which you can all join.

Goals

So far I'm like kind of making progress with lowering my to be read pile but I'm also not being very good at the whole not buying new ones because I have a subscription to Fairy Loot and have a few books preordered. Oops.

However, I am totally keeping on top of my blog! The whole blog hopping side of things is a little more difficult but I am reading a small handful pretty regularly now.

My book club remains pretty active and I've seen a few new members come and stay too which has been lovely. The current and previous read-a-long are also doing well which I'm so thrilled about.

I also joined HeartFlare which is a lovely little community focused on encouraging each other in their creations whether it be gaming related, art, or writing.
https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwdyMENgzAMAMBdMkBc7LglDIC6RhSigAQ4is0LdfdWfdznbnf13U1uNWs6ASybZumLV5OeavFVpO4ltU19lgOSWcrrUU5TwJE5INPPg54hYvwXc-RAIxHSQC94z-jbWd3nC3iJIJM.uteY_vJyXYUh1_wqX3wcS0pTZNM?width=889&height=297
That's pretty much is for these two month, feel free to share you wrap up posts too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing Caraval everywhere, need to research on that. So cool that you get to meet her.

    Congrats on your second anniv!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.