Friday, 10 February 2017

Video Game Review: Girls Like Robots

http://www.unity-games.jp/wp-content/assets/devinterview/girlslikerobots/images/img1.jpg
Girls Like Robots by Popcannibal
Genre:
Puzzle / Indie

Release Date:
14th February 2014

Copy bought for myself via Humble Flash Bundle: So Cute
 
Synopsis:
Their faces are the playing pieces. The rules are their emotions!Ridiculously charming puzzles, wrapped around an epic tale of love and danger, topped off with an authentic old-time stringband soundtrack!The goal is to put every one next to their friends.But you can't please everybody all the time.

Girls Like Robots is a puzzle based game, it starts off fairly easy but as more rules and characters get introduced it can become a little challenging. The design of the characters is a bit basic compared to the other games I play but its cute and definitely not ugly so ay thats a bonus.

(If you're worried about getting stuck part way through there are plenty of helpful guides out there if needed.)

And well thats pretty much all there is to this game. Follow the rules, place the character squares and complete each puzzle.

I'm not actually super fond of these type of puzzle games but I got it as part of a bundle so I figured I may as well try it out and seeing as though it appear fairly straight forward (with a little help from a guide here and there) and short. And you know, I'm also a bit of a completionist and wanted to add another completed game to my Steam profile.

So in short, if you're like me an want to be a completionst then y'know definitely play this game, likewise if you like puzzle games its for you. Otherwise you can skip this game and not be missing out on much.

-

I have 100% on this game so it is able to be completed with all the achievements, though one is fairly annoying.

The annoying achievement is based on one of the side games (though using the term "side game" doesn't really seem fair) you will probably play upon completing the main section of the game, I don't know if it bugged out for me or if its like that for everyone but you just had to leave the game running, on screen, whilst a character falls and builds up your score. I ended up leaving it on overnight when I knew I would be having a lie in.


I kind of recommend this game
I didn't take any of my own screenshots for this game so here are some others to give you an idea of how it looks.

Image result for girls like robots
http://applenapps.com/review/girls-like-robots-everyone-can-like-this-logic-puzzler

5 comments:

  1. I love puzzle games so this one I might enjoy. I'll ask the BF to look it up and get it for me lol

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I will slowly but surely drag you into VG world haha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sweet I'm glad someone likes the look of it :3

      Delete
  3. This looks like a good time waster if you don't have anything to do! I love having a little library of games like that, that I can just pick up and play if I have a spare 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.