Saturday 28 May 2016

Bought, Borrowed, & Bagged (81)

Bought, Borrowed and Bagged hosted by Talk Supe is a weekly meme where you can share your book haul, ongoing events and news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead.
Please Note: All images link back to their GR pages.

 
New Books
These months I've done I've been fairly good at avoiding purchasing new books - being eternally busy at university has helped. However last weekend I took a trip to Waterstones Deansgate for the UKYA event with the intention to buy only Radio Silence to get that and Solitaire signed by Alice. However, whilst browisng the shelves I also found a few others books that I grabbed. The Art of Being Normal was hidden away on the bottom shelf and it was a signed copy, The Rest of Us Just Live Here was another signed copy under the buy one get one half price deal so I also picked up All the Bright Places
Radio Silence The Art of Being Normal The Rest of Us Just Live Here All the Bright Places
Recently on Northern Plunder
Upcoming on Northern Plunder
Review: Untouchable
Plunder: Our Song
Lauren's Progress
Read in 2016: 9 / 30
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Currently Reading:
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
News from Lauren
Its been nice to be back
Outside of the blog I've picked up my work from university so I guess they're done with marking now! The graduation show and booklet are all ready to print too, I'll be sure to share pictures of these once I get to see them. 
I've also started my Travelling Book Project with my discord group which is fab, writing in someone else's book is kinda weird but I'm sure I'll get used too it. I can't wait to run another one too. The read-a-long for Neverwhere starts soon so hopefully I can handle reading three books at once okay.
[To read more about discord click here | To join the text chat click here  

I'm also travelling to stay with my boyfriend for a week today so I'll get lots of reading done whilst he's at work, but it'll also be great to see him again.
 
Please note that I've implemented a new drop down menu at the top but some pages are still in progress so the links haven't been added yet!

9 comments:

  1. Nice selection of books, Lauren! I have read The Rest Of Us Just Live Here, and I really enjoyed it! A different take on YA paranormal for sure :)
    And it's funny, I reviewed Blue Lily... last week, need to write my The Raven King review, and I'm listening to Shatter Me ;)
    Have a great weekend and happy reading!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Man I'm not even sure I can begin to tackle reviewing The Raven Cycle, I enjoyed it too much.

      Delete
    2. That's more or less how I feel about The Raven King, Lauren!
      Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

      Delete
  2. Ooh I absolutely love The Raven Cycle and I hope you're enjoying The Raven King! I've yet to read the Shatter Me series but I've heard lots of good and swoony things about it and hope to pick it up at some point! I'm just waiting for Australia to get nicer covers for the series HAHA.

    Jenna @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am enjoying TRK its so good. I'll probably finish it up tomorrow. I thought I'd have started Shatter Me but I didnt in the end :p it belongs to a different Lauren so if its really good I'm going to have to buy my own copy!!

      Delete
  3. This is a great haul Lauren! I loved ATBP and I've heard good things about the rest of the books. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo c: thats good to hear!! I'll try and check them all out soon(ish)

      Delete
  4. So excited you're back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.