Saturday 14 February 2015

Where have I been?

I met Laini Taylor last year, finally finished reading this

Hello and happy 2015.

Well that was a bit delayed but I hope this year has been treating everyone well.
I've had a few people wondering just exactly what happened to me, so many days passed when I wanted to put a hiatus post up but it never felt right.

As some of you may have noticed my reading significantly decreased last year, and eventually I just stopped. I tried encouraging myself that it was simply my university work taking over but ultimately I could no longer find joy in reading when I was so down myself.
 
I spent many months dwelling in unhappiness and not ready to face the reality of it or try and solve it, I finally did though throughout December and since then I've been focusing on myself and my own happiness, focusing on a better and brighter me.
 

It has been working. Self-care and self-love should never be frowned upon. I learned this the hard way.

 
2015 has been a much brighter year so far. I've started reading again and playing with the idea of blogging again. Oh and I'm single. Still feels odd to say that.
 
However I don't know whether to stay here and hope I'm not too out of touch with the followers and friends I had/have here, or to focus on using tumblr as the platform to book blog instead.
 
This is me now

Hopefully I'll get some replies here to help figure that out. 

All the best,
Lauren


10 comments:

  1. You should do whatever feels best for you, whether it's this blog, Tumblr, or something else. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do what feels best to you too. I loved this blog ever since you introduced me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When life feels shitty, you lose interest in everything that you once took pleasure in, like reading. Blogging and other things feel like a chore that you want to put off and try to forget about. You did the right thing in taking some time out to take care of yourself and find a happy place again. Now that you have taken the step back online, take small steps-pick up an old favourite book to read(for me Harry Potter is my comfort read!), visit a few blogs you liked and leave comments just for fun, do fun stuff on the internet sites you like without putting pressure on yourself. If you enjoy the blog, we are still here to hang out with *waves* but don't feel under pressure to blog daily or feel like you have to post something to please us or stop us leaving. We're not going anywhere as long as you want to be here! On days where you feel like it, post for fun on whatever sites you like. When you don't feel like it, forget it until a better day. Take some time to think about what feels right for you x *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my balance now and my love for reading and blogging again, thank you so much for the kind words :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that you are taking time for yourself. Self-love and taking time to re-evaluate your needs id critical.You are so much more than a blog. Do what you need to for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MISS YOU BITCH!!!! Muah! Muah! Muah!

    I hope whatever it is that you were going through when you posted this has been resolved. And I love and support what you tried (or trying) to do. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! :D I'm returning now and hopefully I can stay on top of this and my final year at university. Everything has been resolved and this year has only been on the rise :) thank you so much

      Delete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog this week. I hope all is ok with you and that you've found the platform that you most comfortable with to keep on blogging.
    Cheers,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, everything is going much better and thank you for the kind words :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.