Sunday 23 March 2014

Bought, Borrowed & Bagged (63)

Bought, Borrowed and Bagged hosted by Talk Supe is a weekly meme where you can share your book haul, ongoing events and news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Please Note: All images link back to their GR pages.
New Books
Uh oh, so did I ruin my book buying ban? Kind of. So my best friend came to visit last weekend and he'd won a £20 Waterstones voucher for this photography competition he entered, and he suggested I pick out some books that we'd both enjoy. Unfortunately I went over by £18 so... I owe him some money now. Anyway these are what I picked out. 
Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)Half BadBattle Royale
FangirlReady Player One
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice and Battle Royal by Koushun Takami are books I've been meaning to buy for ages, but they're also ones that I think he'd really enjoy.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline has been recommended to me by so many people and as we're both gamers I figured we'd both enjoy it, I'm still a little unsure but we will see.
Those were going to be the only books purchased, but heading to the till I saw Half Bad by Sally Green on buy one get one half price offer, so thats when Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell was picked up too, as this has been highly recommended by so many of the tumblr community.
I also got a copy of Kindred by Octavia E. Butler which is being published by headline publishers later this month, this copy was from Bookbridgr and its the first book I got from them, pretty happy to be able to try the site out fully now!

Kindred
Recently on Northern Plunder
Attempting University
Review: Shattered Veil by Tracy E. Banghart
I'm really happy and proud with both of these posts so if you'd be as kind to check them out, it'd really mean a lot to me.
Upcoming on Northern Plunder
Review: Total Blueprint for World Domination by Jolene Stockman
March Wrap Up
Review: Uzumaki Vol 1-3
Lauren's Progress
Read in 2014: 8 / 70
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Currently Reading:
Memory's Wake by Selena Fenech
News from Lauren
So my University post is up and I have plenty of work there to share, pretty happy with how it turned out! I've also had another deadline pass which I got exactly the same result in so at least my work is at a constant (and better than average) level. I'm at home this weekend so no doubt this wont be updated before it goes live, but I'm probably having a really good time, there is actually a book waiting for me at home from BookBridgr which you may want to check out if you're from the UK or Northern Ireland. Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely two weeks, and read some great books. If you've read anything breath taking, let me know! Shattered Veil definitely falls under that category for me.

Please note that I've implemented a new drop down menu at the top but some pages are still in progress so the links haven't been added yet!

6 comments:

  1. Great haul! I am super excited to read Half Bad, Battle Royale and Ready Player One. All sound awesome and I keep reading great reviews on them.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really excited too. I've almost cleared my schedule so I can pick these up. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Excited to see Anne Rice up there! I hope you like it, enough to keep you reading. Memnoch The Devil is my favorite book in that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been meaning to start this series for ages c: I can't wait

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.