Monday 6 January 2014

Bout of Books: Updates


BoB9.0 200x200 Bout of Books 9.0!The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.

I'll be updating this post daily to show my reading progress throughout the week, before we get started I just wanted to point out my goals again as I think its changed slightly because I also have an essay for university to write. 
Goals:
- Finish off/Read 4 books
- Review 2 books
- Complete my university essay
Whilst I know this is a read-a-thon, I wanted to make note of my essay in the goals so I don't forget about it! I'm sure I've got plenty of time and I already know what I want to talk about so hopefully it doesn't take up too much of my time! The following are the books I'll probably read.
Awakening Foster KellyDaughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)
InsanityShattered Veil (The Diatous Wars #1)
MONDAY
Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen
Read: 19%
Roughly: 133 pages

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Read: 22 pages
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 155
-
Thoughts:

Wow, so I finished my first book of the year during this read-a-thon, I'd been struggling to read since New Year because a lot has been going on, I also got half of my university results back today which where pretty good. Awakening Foster Kelly was a pretty good read, but personally I felt the ending ruined it so that drastically changed my opinion on it, I hope to get the review written up soon. I also got pretty distracted on concentrating to master my god to level two on Smite which is why I read so little of Daughter of Smoke and Bone before because oh my, my eyes were tired.

TUESDAY
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Read: 35 pages
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 190
-
Thoughts:

I did a lot of travelling today whilst shopping for things to return to university with, as well as visiting my dad one last time before returning too so I didn't have much free time, I did manage to squeeze in half an hour before bed but I was so exhausted that today just didn't go as planned.

WEDNESDAY
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Read: 74 pages
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 264
-
Thoughts:

I managed to put time aside today to actually make more of a dent in this book, oh my god! I love it so much, I'm almost half way through it and I really don't want it to end, I've convinced my auntie to order me the second one too! It should arrive on Sunday so hopefully I can drag this out until then, I also made a start on my essay for university today.

THURSDAY
Nothing
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 264
-
Thoughts:
Today I got started on my essay and made a huge dent in it, but I was mostly exhausted and didn't manage to pick up my book which sucks a lot! I also went out to Frankie and Benny's for a lovely meal with my boyfriend as its his birthday tomorrow.
FRIDAY
Nothing
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 264
-
Thoughts:

Shock horror! For the second day I running I also didn't read, I'm terrible. Today was my boyfriends birthday so in the morning I added a little to my essay before his friends came round and we stayed up until 4:30am gaming. My god I was tired. The Elder Scrolls Online BETA started today and was so good, though I doubt I'll purchase it upon release as its £15 a month I think? If that's correct they're going to struggle against World of Warcraft.
SATURDAY
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Read: 60 pages
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 324
-
Thoughts:

I'm so happy I got to sit down and read today, even if it was for only an hour. I was super tired thanks to last nights silly antics and no doubt I'm going to feel even worse tomorrow but today I read and packed up my room to move back to my university accomodation tomorrow, hopefully I can't read in the car.
SUNDAY
Nothing
-
Overall Books Completed: 1
Overall Pages Read: 324
-
Thoughts:

Lauren! What are you playing at? Sleeping that's what. Oh and also finishing off my essay, its due in in two days so I didn't really get a choice, I HAD to make sure the essay was almost finished before I slept today and also unpack so my flat was livable. -sigh- Maybe next read-a-thon I can actually do more reading.

6 comments:

  1. Nice. Good luck with the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your header is gorgeous! I love it.

    Looks like you have some good books lined up there. :) Good luck on reaching your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it too hehe :) I think I'm struggling harder than I imagined but theres still a few days left :P

      Delete
  3. Congrats on finishing your first book!! Woohoo!! Happy Reading!! My Update

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.