Sunday 5 January 2014

2014 Must Reads


First of all I want to apologise about how misleading this title might be, this post is not about 2014 releases that I want to read but about books I own and want to read in 2014. I couldn't think how to phrase it without insinuating both of them.

Books to Finish Reading:
Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey, Memory's Wake by Selina Fenech, The Walking Dead Compendium One by Robert Kirkman and Later With Myself by Sheryl Sorrentino.
Awakening Foster KellyDaughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)
Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)The Walking Dead, Compendium 1Later with Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz
All of these books I entered the year part way through reading, and I'm enjoying every single one of them for different reasons so I'm hoping I can get them all finished this year, this particularly goes for The Walking Dead due to it being so heavy. I know I shouldn't have any trouble getting them read but you never know what can happen hey?
Books to re-read:
His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman, Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling, Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris and Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.
Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
I hope to fully re-read the His Dark Materials trilogy as I believe it'll have an even larger impact on me now than it did at 13, and I'd love to re-read the full Harry Potter series too, unfortunately I do not own them all yet so it may not be possible. I started the Sookie Stackhouse series about four years ago now, but I borrowed the four or five books I read off a friend, now I have the first two I hope to re-read them to get back into the series, its a similar story for Wicked Lovely.
Review Books:
Insanity by Cameron Jace, Shattered Veil by Tracy E. Banghart and Apocalypse Now by Andrew McFayden-Ketchum.
InsanityShattered Veil (The Diatous Wars #1)Apocalypse Now: Poems and Prose from the End of Days
These three are books I've received to review towards the end of 2013, I aim to read them in this order too though its been very hard to hold off Shattered Veil this long (its not out until February so I'm trying my hardest to hold off until a bit before release). 
Graphic Novels:
Transmetropolitan Volume 1 by Warren Ellis, Demo by Brain Wood, V for Vendetta and Watchmen by Alan Moore and Kick Ass 1 & 2 by Mark Millar.
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (New Edition)DemoV for Vendetta
WatchmenKick-Ass Kick-Ass 2

I have a pretty sweet collection if I don't say so myself. Well um actually my boyfriend does, and he does because I have a great taste. Or so I assume. As I have yet to read any of these I bought him! Which is why I want to dig into this pile. I can't believe only the Watchmen one is mine.
Books:
Feed by Mira Grant, Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, Adam's Apple by Live Morris, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow by George R. R. Martin, It by Stephen King, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, Fight Clb by Chuck Palahniuk, Sealed with a Curse by Cecy Robinson and Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist.
Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter, #1)Adam's Apple (Touch of Tantra #1)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
Noughts & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses, #1)A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire #3, Part 1 of 2)ItAmerican Psycho
Norwegian WoodFight ClubSealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)Handling the Undead
Most of these books have been sitting on my shelves for over 5 months which proves just how bad I am at keeping up with my to be read pile, and I found myself the last two years reading a lot of Young Adult books so now I want to break that mould and get back into my usual reading habbits, yes some of these are YA and some I wouldn't have been interested in before I started book blogging but I don't want to limit 2014 to a certain genre, I want to read freely and enjoy myself! Less review books this year :)
So that is about it for the books I'm dying to get through, its a lot and not doubt I'll miss or forget some of these but I just wanted to give you an idea of what I'd be reading. Please comment and let me know if you plan on reading any of these books so we could do a read-a-long, and if not, what do you intend to read this year?

4 comments:

  1. Feed needs to be read! :D it is amazing series :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise once my review books are done its first on my list!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I've read Memory's Wake! I didn't really like it though... but I sort of liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm picking it up again and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.