Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (64)

 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Pen to Paper where we share and post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist.



Series I'm dying to continue reading: The Purprle Emperor by Herbie Brennan and Life, the universe and everything by Douglas Adams. I actually read the first of the Faerie Wars books a long time ago but I remember it being really good, to the point I want to re-read and finish it. As for The Hitch-Hikers series, I've been pretty much reading a book a year at this rate cause it takes me so long to go and buy one, anyway this is the third and I am dying to see how the story develops! So much better than the movie ;)


The Purple Emperor Synopsis: When Henry Atherton returned to his own life in the suburbs of London, he thought all was well in the Faerie Ream. His new friend Pyrgus, the crown prince of Faerie, was about to be coronated as Purple Emperor. But then Princess Holly Blue arrived on Earth, seeking Henry’s help once more.

A plot to assassinate Pyrgus is afoot, but that’s not the worst of their problems. Pyrgus’s father, the murdered Purple Emperor, has been raised from the dead by means of foul necromantic sorcery. Now Lord Hairstreak and the sinister Faeries of the Night have seized control of the Realm . . . and driven Pyrgus and his allies into hiding.

Henry has no choice to return to the world of Faerie to aid his friends. But that proves easier said than done when the mystical portal linking their realms goes awry. Now Henry will have to scramble just to stay alive in a fantastic world that’s constantly full of surprises . . . and danger.


Life, the universe and everything Synopsis: One of the strangest events in the history of life, the universe and everything occurred here on Earth shortly before it got demolished ...

For two books, humankind has been unaware of a not inconsequential snippet of information. The most careful consultation of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and The Restaurant at the End of the Universe have left millions unaware of why Earth has always been shunned by the rest of the galaxy.
Now all - and more - can be revealed ...

6 comments:

  1. I really want to re-read the Hitchhiker books one of these days! It's been a long time since I've read them, but I just remember how much they made me laugh. Nice picks!

    Lisa
    WW&WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first two but gosh I loved them so much, I'm hoping to get this for christmas though.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh Adams... we read him in elementary actually, and I loved it, never read his other works. Must get on that soon. The Purprle Emperor looks good, must look it up asap. :)
    I hope you get these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbie Brennan is an author I've always wanted to try! His books sound awesome. I've never read Hitchhikers so don't know what its like. Hope you get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it so long ago but I just remember adoring the story so I really want to get the rest of the series so I read it all again before I'm too old haha

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.