Sunday 21 July 2013

Bought, Borrowed & Bagged (49)

BB&B (Bought, Borrowed and Bagged) is a weekly meme hosted by Braine and  Debbie @ Talk Supe where we share with you the books that we have bought, borrowed or bagged (won or gifted) plus a recap of the previous week's reviews, upcoming reviews, on going events and book movie or television news and The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book ReviewerIt's a chance to share news; a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. As you can see I've decided to link on another weekly haul/wrap up meme because I'd like to start visiting some new blogs on the atmosphere and I find meme's are the best way to do so!
- Bought -
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and one of the Assassin's Creed books?
Purchased from WHSmiths at the airport, I couldn't resist! It was buy one get one half price, in fact I think my boyfriend spent his money rather than mine so I'm pretty sure these don't count as bought but more bagged ;) Also the AC book was for him and I don't know which one he picked up!

Gone Girl

- Bagged -
Endure by Laura Diamond, The Companions by R. A. Salvatore, The Godborn by Paul S. Kemp and By Blood by Tracy E. Banghart
These are all review books, received from various places

Endure (Endure, #1)The Companions (The Sundering, #1)The Godborn (The Sundering, #2)By Blood (By Blood #1)

Imitation by Heather Hildenbrand and King of Darkness by Elisabeth Saab
Both of these are ecopies that I won, thanks to Talk Supe and Indie-Fever Read and Review Challenge
King of Darkness (Chronicles of Yavn, #1)Imitation

Goddess Legacy by M.W. Muse
Freebie from Amazon
Goddess Legacy (Goddess Series, #1)


This fortnight on Northern Plunder:
Wishlist Wednesday
Enders Game: To See or Not?
Review: The Grimm Diaries Prequels by Jace Cameron
Progress Review Part One
Progress Review Part Two
Review: Geek Girl by Holly Smale


Upcoming on Northern Plunder:
Book Blast: Epiphany
Wishlist Wednesday
Review: Death Dealer
Review: Warm Bodies
July Wrap Up


Progress:
Read in 2013: 38 / 60
Gen Volume 1 by Shige Nakamura
Boarded Window by Isaac Marion
Death Dealer by Ashley Robertson
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
A Clahs of Kings by George R. R. Martin
XKCD Volume 0 by Randall Munroe

Currently Reading:
World War Z by Max Brooks
Endure by Laura Diamond
The Companions by R. A. Salvatore
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


News from Lauren:
Yikes I read a lot whilst I was on holiday, and I had a really great time. I'll include a few of my holiday photos below too and I didn't tan the slightest because I spent all my time in the shade and when I ventured out I was wearing factor 50!



32 comments:

  1. Nice haul of books this week. I always love seeing what people get.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I got The Companions and The Godborn as well, they both look good.
    Happy reading!
    I cannot wait to escape on holiday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a bit of TC and its realllllllly good, I love the description *o* I hope you enjoy your holiday

      Delete
  3. OOh nice haul!! Haven't heard of all these but hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    Thanks for visiting my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about Gone Girl, but I haven't read it myself! Enjoy your new books!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Its why I couldn't resist grabbing it for half price :)

      Delete
  5. Cool haul. Nice pics :)Happy reading!

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/stacking-shelves-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some good books, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, some awesome sounding books there. I'm going to have to look into a few of them.

    And great pictures. Looks like a great place. :)

    Have a great week!

    And if you'd like to stop by, I have a Sunday Post up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/07/sunday-post-19_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really looking forward to starting Gone Girl.
      c: its Tenerife and it was lovely.

      Delete
  8. Yay for Gone Girl! I LOVED that one!! I see you're reading World War Z, that's my co-blogger's Tabitha the Pabkins favorite book (one of them) I really need to read it one of these days! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start Gone Girl and I loved World War Z! It was really good :)

      Delete
  9. We should totally read Gone Girl together, I have had that book in my pile for months and months and months! Enjoy your haul! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I'll contact you soon about this! :) Thank you

      Delete
  10. Hi, lucky you for bagging so many books. I have borrowed mine from our library. Would those count each week too? I am just starting to follow book reviewer blogs. I am ending up in all kinds of niches because I have too many to focus on one. I did narrow it down to blog hopping though. I try to follow as many blog hops as I can in one day. Anyway, hope you will check out my Sunday Post blog entry. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yes library books will count, I just personally don't visit the library often because if I enjoy it I'll end up wanting to buy it any way haha. I'll stop by now to tell you this too in case you don't stop back!

      Delete
  11. Someone was just telling me I should get the Gone Girl audiobook so I can't wait to hear how you like it. Apparently it's got lots of feels in it lol. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard nothing but great things about it! Thanks c:

      Delete
  12. Awesome holiday and is that the BF? Really cute!

    IMITATION and GONE GIRL are really really great books! Gone Girl will blow your mind away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes it is :3 thank you.

      I'm pretty excited to start it, just need to get these review books outta the way first.

      Delete
  13. Great book haul. Looks like you an wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I have The Goddess Legacy and Imitation too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul! I haven't read Gone Girl, but I have heard really great things about it. And your vacation looks sooo relaxing =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I'm dying to start it but review books first! haha. Thanks, it was lovely :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.