Monday 21 January 2013

Review: The Archived SNEAK PEAK


The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1)The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Published: January 22nd 2013
Publisher: Hyperion
Page Count: 108
Synopsis: Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive. Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive. Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous - it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall. In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.
Review: I would like to start of by stating I was unlucky enough to get to read a sneak peak of The Archived by Victoria Schwab. Unlucky you say? But surely Lauren this is not the correct word to use for a book you rated so highly. Why yes this exactly the correct word because holy mother of jelly, I honestly didn't want to put it down! The sneak peak was 108 pages short and in that time not only did it give us complete introductions to the main and not-so-main characters, but the full background details were filled in along with the introduction to what the plot revolves around and then of course it cuts you off just at that exact moment in which she meets that guy. Yes that guy, you know the one guy who is probably going to be a love interest and he's all mysterious and is in the same profession as her. I think what I like best about the part of the book I've read is that Mac isn't just a paper thin character, everything that she has been through - the loss of her Da and brother, moving home and leaving her best friend behind, finding out about a murder in her new home and dealing with becoming a Keeper on top of trying to be convince the rest of our world that she's a normal teenager means she has a lot of layers to her and to see her character develop even more will be a treat. I would have a guess to say that this isn't going to be one of those easy reads because it definitely has the option to go very deep and dark if it wanted too and I' very very very irritated in not being able to finish it just yet, why oh why did I agree to a book buying ban. I can't even ask for it for Valentines as I already know what I'm getting so I'm going to have bite my nails down a lot and wait until I've read enough of my read pile and I'll be allowed to purchase it, in the mean time I'll be right here pulling my hair out and dying to know more about the beautiful world I have so wonderfully be introduced too. 

4 / 5 stars

GR

Victoria Schwab: Website | Twitter | GR

5 comments:

  1. I love Hyperion books, they're my kind of YA. Getting blue balls is the reason why I didn't request for this. I would be so pissed.to be left hanging like you LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its killing me, I keep thinking oh I need to finish that book and then remember I don't even own it ;_;

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.