Wednesday 19 December 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (28)


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper where we can share books that are on our wishlist.

The Peculiars
Honestly The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry caught my eye due to its breathtaking cover, give me please!
GR: This dark and thrilling adventure, with an unforgettable heroine, will captivate fans of steampunk, fantasy, and romance. On her 18th birthday, Lena Mattacascar decides to search for her father, who disappeared into the northern wilderness of Scree when Lena was young. Scree is inhabited by Peculiars, people whose unusual characteristics make them unacceptable to modern society. Lena wonders if her father is the source of her own extraordinary characteristics and if she, too, is Peculiar. On the train she meets a young librarian, Jimson Quiggley, who is traveling to a town on the edge of Scree to work in the home and library of the inventor Mr. Beasley. The train is stopped by men being chased by the handsome young marshal Thomas Saltre. When Saltre learns who Lena’s father is, he convinces her to spy on Mr. Beasley and the strange folk who disappear into his home, Zephyr House. A daring escape in an aerocopter leads Lena into the wilds of Scree to confront her deepest fears.

16 comments:

  1. I love this cover, it's so romantic! ^_^

    If you are interested in, you could have a look to the challenge I launched, the “2013 Women Challenge”. Have fun with me and my challenge! ^_^

    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/12/2013-women-challenge.html

    Bye and enjoy your books!

    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I really like the cover :) I haven't heard of this one, but I will definitely be checking it out! Thanks for stopping by!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! Plus the cover is beautiful!
    Hope you get it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to read this soon - I agree the cover is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover is amazing. Steampunk, and people with powers... yes please! Love the sound of this book, hope you get to read it soon :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one before, looks and sounds really great. Hope you get it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this one before but I like the cover. I haven't read any Steampunk yet, but I've been wanting to. Thanks for sharing!

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cover! Sounds good will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.