Thursday 26 July 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Published:  January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy/ Little Brown
Page Count: 236
Synopsis: "Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?" 

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row. 
A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more? 
Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. 

Review: This book honestly shocked me I went into it thinking "Oh god I'm going to absolutely hate this" but for some reason I really didn't. The story is pretty simple you as the reader already know the end outcome, but somehow this book just pulled me in and made me want to read. I think to be honest its a nice break from those love novels that try to be complex. The characters do have some depth and they don't feel like your usual ditsy I'm so in love with him romance characters, although because it happens so quickly it left me a little bit skeptical.
The characters develop during the book I liked Oliver from the beginning but it took be awhile to like Hadley, but she grew on me kind of like this book. I'd give this book a read if you want something heartwarming with a little bit of angst thrown in.
Recommend: Its not a bad for a romance book you should certainly give it a little look see. 

                                                                   Rating:  4/5

Amazon: UK | US
Jennifer E. Smith: Website | GR | Twitter |

8 comments:

  1. I don't really read contemporary novels, but this book sounds like a nice break from my usual paranormal-fantasy genres. I love British guys and their accents so I'm kind of excited to read about Oliver. I'm definitely adding this book to my ever growing to-read pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually read them either but for some reason I really enjoyed this one :D

      Delete
  2. This one totally surprised me. It was way better than I expected and I actually ended up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was the same for me. I honestly thought I was going to hate it but I just didn't

      Delete
  3. I really want to read this book! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    I've tagged you for the "Liebster Blog Award"! If you choose to accept the award & the challenge, check out my post here http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a huge contemporary fan but like your review all of them say it pulls you in, so i will add this one to try. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.