Saturday 5 May 2012

05052012: On My Wishlist (17)

This is a weekly event, originally created by Book Chick City, and now hosted by Cosy Books, where we showcase the books which are currently top of our wishlist. Old, new or yet to be released titles are all welcome. And why keep it to books?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
"The Bell Jar" chronicles the crack-up of Esther Greenwood: brilliant, beautiful, enormously talented, and successful, but slowly going under--maybe for the last time. Sylvia Plath masterfully draws the reader into Esther's breakdown with such intensity that Esther's insanity becomes completely real and even rational, as probable and accessible an experiece as going to the movies. Such deep penetration into the dark and harrowing corners of the psyche is an extraordinary accomplishment and has made "The Bell Jar" a haunting American classic.

Amazon: UK | US
Halfway to the Grave (series) by Jeaniene Frost
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother’s life. Then she’s captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She’s amazed she doesn’t end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn’t have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side... and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Amazon: UK | US


Animal Farm by George Orwell
Animal Farm is the most famous by far of all twentieth-century political allegories. Its account of a group of barnyard animals who revolt against their vicious human master, only to submit to a tyranny erected by their own kind, can fairly be said to have become a universal drama. Orwell is one of the very few modern satirists comparable to Jonathan Swift in power, artistry, and moral authority; in animal farm his spare prose and the logic of his dark comedy brilliantly highlight his stark message. Taking as his starting point the betrayed promise of the Russian Revolution, Orwell lays out a vision that, in its bitter wisdom, gives us the clearest understanding we possess of the possible consequences of our social and political acts.
GR
Amazon: UK | US
The Bell Jar: A NovelHalfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
Animal Farm

17 comments:

  1. I want to read this Cat and Bones series too! Everyone is raving about this and I'm itching to know what the fuss is about.

    Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! There is just too many series out there I'm dying to read or have started :'D

      Delete
  2. Cool books! I've not heard about any of these, thanks for sharing! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have been able to introduce them to you. Really can't wait to get my hands on them!

      Delete
  3. Greta choices! I've actually had copies of The Bell Jar and Animal Farm for years but haven't read them yet. One day though, one day...

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day is my excuse for every book I own and have yet to read haha :D

      Delete
  4. Haven't heard about these books before but I like the book cover of The Bell Jar. I'll definitely check them out ;)
    xoxo, Mariam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, glad to introduce to introduce books to people :)

      Delete
  5. I've started the Grave series and loved the first book but haven't read any further yet! Hers hoping you get your hands on these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only heard of Animal Farm and that's definitely a book that should be read :) Love your wishlist!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've been wanting to read it for years now.

      No worries :)

      Delete
  7. The Bell Jar is one of my favorite books. I really hope you get to read and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll hope super hard I have an excuse to buy it soon hopefully :D

      Delete
  8. I started the Jeaniene Frost series but stopped in the middle. I've always wanted to continue, but "so many books, so little time". The first ones were definitely terrific, so I'm with you on this one!
    Thanks for stopping by my wishlist at Reading Reality!
    http://www.readingreality.net/2012/05/stacking-the-shelves-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely bump them up my to buy list then, thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. +JMJ+

    Animal Farm is one of my favourite satires! To think I almost didn't read it because I thought a book with talking animals couldn't be that good . . . I'm glad I took my classmate's recommendation when I did. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.